The West of England Labrador Retriever Club holds a puppy register of litters bred by members of the club. Only puppies where both parents are hip scored and have an up to date eye test will be included on the register. The puppy register coordinator is Mrs Claire Mills and she will be happy to pass on enquiries to club members who have a litter. However the Club cannot accept responsibility for puppies or the suitabilty of new dog owners.
If you are looking for a puppy please look at this checklist .
- Make sure that you see the puppies with their mother.
- If you find a breeder with either a litter of puppies or who has one planned, make sure that both parents of the puppies have been hip scored and have a current clear eye certificate.
- An answer from the breeders- both parents have been checked over by a vet” is not acceptable.
- If the health information sounds satisfactory for both parents you should arrange to meet the breeder and see the mother and puppies . This meeting will give you the chance to see the type and temperament of the dogs, that the litter has been reared well and are thriving and it also lets any decent breeder check you out in return! You should also ask to see the health certificates.
- Puppies should be Microchipped before they leave the breeder - this is now the law.
- You should be given a 'Puppy pack' containing information on feeding, training, a pedigree, Kennel Club Registration certificate, worming certificate, copies of health test certificates for both parents, advice on exercise, a contract of sale and 4 weeks free health insurance
If you are a member who would like to put puppies on the register
Please send the following details to Claire Mills
Date of Birth
Sire & Dam names
Colour & sex
Copies of Health Certificates
Contact details - Phone, mobile & email
Once you sell the puppies ....Please tell Claire.